Dr. Syed Mehartaj Begum,
1. Participated and presented paper on ‘Significance of Environmental Education for Sustainable Development,’ at 13th Global Conference - Environmental Justice and
Global Citizenship organized at Mansfield College, Oxford, UK, during 13-15 July, 2014.
2. Participated and presented paper on ‘Minority Protection: Constitution, Institution and the Committee’ International Summer University on Federalism, Decentralization and Conflict Resolution, organized by Institute of Federalism, University of Fribourg, Fribourg, Switzerland, 22 - 23 August 2013
3. Participated in the three week long Summer University Programme on “Federalism, Decentralization and Conflict Resolution” organized by the Institute of Federalism, Fribourg, Switzerland, from 19 August to 06 September 2013.
4. Presented paper “Protection of Human Rights through Environmental Ethics” in the International Conference on Sustainable Development 2012, organized by the PSEG Institute for Sustainability Studies, Montclair State University, Montclair, New Jersey, USA in collaboration with International Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Law and Centre for Research in Social Justice and Policy at Laurentian University, Canada and Ontario International Development Agency, Canada, on July 31 - August 02, 2012.
5. Participated and presented a paper entitled ‘Promoting Cooperative Governance in India: The Case of Protection and Promotion of Human Rights’ in 4th International Conference on Leadership, Governance and Policy in the Public Sector, organized by University of Pretoria, South Africa, February 17-18, 2011.
Ajay Kumar Singh, Associate Professor, represented centre in the annual conference of IACFS, Rome, 19-21 September 2012. He made following presentation:
Progress Report of the Centre
Country Report (also available on the IACFS
Paper on “Region and State Formation
in India” (paper being processed for publication by
the host centre ISSiRFA, Rome. For details please
visit institute website
Dr. Rajendra Kumar Pandey,
Assistant Professor, participated in the three week long
Summer University Programme on “Federalism, Decentralization
and Conflict Resolution” organized by the Institute of
Federalism, Fribourg, Switzerland, from 20 August to 07
September 2012. Among 45 participants drawn from 24 countries,
Dr. Pandey’s paper on ‘Democracy and Human Rights in India:
Constitutional Paradigm and Political Challenges’ was adjudged
as one of the best papers. Based on his overall performance,
he was awarded Summa cum laude.
Successful participation in this course earned him the
prestigious Post Graduate Diploma of the Institute.